Thursday, February 25, 2010

Portland, OR

Sometimes, life just seems to work out: when we least expect it, opportunities and roads and sometimes even bridges fall from the outer sphere of our lives and make themselves right at home, where they hadn't been before. Especially, especially, when life seems to be drifting into tedium and lack brightness or edge; those are the moments right before the storm, if we keep a lookout.

You see, it seems to often take us leaving our surroundings and our frustrations before we realize and finally see what had been right there in front of us the whole time, which we had not, in our oblivion, been able to decipher before. But then, it's a Pow and a Slam (think: old Batman tv shows) and all of a sudden, WE KNOW. We know the things we did not know just a few moments before. We can see clearly in front of our selves, just as though we finally got around to renewing our contacts prescription and oh yeah! this is what seeing is really like.

For me, I keep forgetting and then remembering that I have to travel and Keep Moving in order to find or recall all or most of the things which are significant or momentous. This week, for instance, I'm traveling to Portland, OR to visit some wonderful friends nestled in the outer inner skirts of a city I've of recently found myself pining for. It doesn't help that my wise old uncle suggested to me that I should find love and stay here, when I had always mostly thought that the East coast was where I would be 'expected' to stay.

But really, who is the one expecting? Is it I, who is expecting that others have something they expect to say? Or is it others, who expect me to figure it out on my own.

Somehow, I feel that assuming is not the way to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment